- Keys and values are arbitrary byte arrays.
- Data is stored sorted by key.
- Callers can provide a custom comparison function to override the sort order.
- The basic operations are
- Multiple changes can be made in one atomic batch.
- Users can create a transient snapshot to get a consistent view of data.
- Forward and backward iteration is supported over the data.
- Data is automatically compressed using the Snappy compression library.
- External activity (file system operations etc.) is relayed through a virtual interface so users can customize the operating system interactions.